Japanese creator platform Fantia has announced that it will begin accepting restoration requests for deleted fan clubs and content despite not yet revealing its revised policies, a move that has drawn attention following weeks of controversy surrounding the platform’s censorship changes.
In a notice published on June 19, the company apologized once again for the disruption caused by its policy changes and acknowledged that it had received a large number of inquiries regarding the restoration of removed content.
The announcement stated:
“We deeply apologize for the significant inconvenience caused by the recent guideline revisions. We are currently receiving many inquiries regarding the restoration of various fan clubs and content. Normally, it would be preferable to provide guidance after announcing our policy, but we will begin accepting restoration applications in advance.”
Fantia directed creators to a restoration request form where they can apply to recover eligible content and fan clubs that were affected by the recent enforcement actions.
However, the most notable aspect of the announcement may be what was not included. Fantia admitted that details regarding its future policies and the circumstances surrounding the controversy have still not been finalized for public release:
“As previously stated, details regarding the circumstances and future policy will be announced in the near future. We sincerely apologize for taking so much time and ask for your patience a little longer.”
The announcement follows widespread backlash from creators after Fantia introduced stricter content guidelines that resulted in the removal or restriction of various works. The controversy quickly spread throughout Japanese creator circles, with many artists expressing concern over the platform’s handling of the changes and the lack of clarity regarding what content would be permitted going forward.
Fantia’s latest statement effectively creates an unusual situation: creators are now being invited to restore content before the company has publicly disclosed the standards that restored content will ultimately be judged by.

They showed where their priorities lied after immediately dropping some new AI/machine translation bullshit to try and bring in more foreigner retards.
Glad to see more than a few artists who decided to close down their fantia pages regardless. Would have been nice if this completely crippled them into bankruptcy, though!
On one hand, one of the (very few) good uses of AI is translation so we don’t have to deal with localizers shoehorning leftist politics.
On the other hand, said AI could be used to shoehorn in said politics by them, so I see what you’re saying.
If it comes at the cost of even more crippling censorship it just isn’t worth it. Japan needs to do away with their censorship laws, alongsize kicking wokealizer trannies OUT of their companies and any part of the design process in their manga, anime, video games, etc.
“As previously stated, details regarding the circumstances and future policy will be announced in the near future. We sincerely apologize for taking so much time and ask for your patience a little longer.”
Too late for apologies. Fantia made their own bed and shitted on it, and now they deserve to sleep on it. If I was a Japanese Fantia user, I’d boycott them permanently. No forgiveness for traitors like them.
OY VEY!!!!
REVERSING CENSORSHIP IS JUST AS BAD AS THE HOLOCAUST!!!
THIS ANTISEMITISM CANNOT STAND!!!
I’m happy as hell that this antisepticism stood!
A tad too late, if they crash and burn it’s on them for folding like the retards they are and not telling the payment processors that they would proceed to file a complain with the Financial Services Agency in Japan since they are the same thing as the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau here in the US and the ones in charge of telling them to fucking stop bullshitting.
Then go to dl site’s ci-en or maybe DMM also should start a similar platform.